Former Washoe Republican Party Chairman.
The opportunity this country affords all of us regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, and other criteria is unparalleled. We are an opportunity society where one can go as high and as far as his/her talent and willingness to work will take.
America is exceptional. America is the beacon of hope and liberty. Our freedoms cannot be found anywhere else in this world. Our constitution is not only the oldest surviving constitution, but also the shortest one. Its power lies in its brevity. It is also the most unique in the sense that it outlines the powers, and limits, of government; the government only has the powers articulated in the constitution, nothing more. The rest of the powers belong to the people.
Every day, I am thankful I am a citizen of this great country. There is a debt I owe this country which will never be repaid. Over the past many years, I have seen my political involvement as a small “thank you” to our community and this amazing nation. My service to our County Republican party where I have served in various capacities including Chairman, and the columns I have written for the Reno Gazette Journal, many of which have been reprinted by newspapers across the country from Rochester to Houston and many places in between, are all part of my small thank you.
I strongly believe that conservative ideals are the best path forward for this country. To that extent, I have written over a hundred columns in which I have outlined not just the conservative philosophy, but examples of how conservative philosophy must be applied to our world. Those who support other political philosophies fail to explain why their philosophy has failed over and over around the world. While conservatism is not perfect, it has resulted in shining cities on the hill at virtually every single place it was deployed.
Though the world is replete with examples of successes of conservative ideals, too often establishment Republicans have deviated far from those conservative principles and betrayed their constituents. They call it compromise; I call it surrender. While I am all for reasonable compromise, when you give up billions of dollars and get just a few pennies in return, it’s not compromise, it’s surrender.
It’s time for us to respond to the surrender. It’s time for We the People to take back our country, our state and our communities. Let’s work together to elect representatives who stay true to our nation’s beliefs.
Please click on the links below for columns that outline my thoughts on:
Thank you for visiting my page. I look forward to working with you to move our country, our state and our community forward.
- Assemblywoman Jill Dickman Endorses Sam Kumar
- Sam Kumar Files for Nevada State Assembly, District 25
- Former Nevada State Controller Ron Knecht Endorses Sam Kumar
- Adam Laxalt Endorses Sam Kumar
- Press Release: Former Washoe County Sheriff Chuck Allen Endorses Sam Kumar for Nevada Assembly, District 25
- PRESS RELEASE: Former Republican Senator Maurice Washington endorses Sam Kumar for Nevada State Assembly, District 25
- Republican Sam Kumar launches campaign for Nevada State Assembly, District 25
There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place.– Winston Churchill
- Assemblywoman Jill Dickman Endorses Sam KumarPRESS RELEASE Republican Sam Kumar endorsed by conservative Assemblywoman Jill Dickman in his campaign for Nevada State Assembly, District 25 Assembly Freedom Caucus Member Dickman cites Kumar’s years […]
- Sam Kumar Files for Nevada State Assembly, District 25PRESS RELEASE Republican Sam Kumar officially files for Nevada State Assembly, District 25 Kumar enters race with backing of conservative leaders across the Silver State Wednesday, March 9, […]
- Former Nevada State Controller Ron Knecht Endorses Sam KumarPRESS RELEASE Republican Sam Kumar endorsed by former Nevada State Controller Ron Knecht Knecht sites Kumar’s years of advocacy for conservative principles March 3, 2022 […]
- Adam Laxalt Endorses Sam KumarPRESS RELEASE Republican Sam Kumar endorsed by former Nevada Attorney General Adam Laxalt Laxalt cites Kumar’s support of conservative principles in his endorsement Thursday, January 20, 2021 […]
- Press Release: Former Washoe County Sheriff Chuck Allen Endorses Sam Kumar for Nevada Assembly, District 25PRESS RELEASE Republican Sam Kumar endorsed by former Washoe County Sheriff Chuck Allen in his campaign for Nevada State Assembly, District 25 Allen sites Kumar’s strong support for Nevada’s […]
- PRESS RELEASE: Former Republican Senator Maurice Washington endorses Sam Kumar for Nevada State Assembly, District 25PRESS RELEASE: Former Senator Maurice Washington endorses Sam Kumar for Nevada Assembly District 25
- Republican Sam Kumar launches campaign for Nevada State Assembly, District 25PRESS RELEASE Republican Sam Kumar launches campaign for Nevada State Assembly, District 25 Longtime Washoe County resident, former GOP Chairman, and conservative author enters race to maintain key […]
- In the liberal world, soccer moms are domestic terroristsReno Gazette Journal October 17, 2021 Public education has lost its way | Sam Kumar (rgj.com) In late-September, the National School Boards Association, NSBA, sent a letter to […]
- Addressing the “Root Cause” of illegal immigrationReno Gazette Journal October 3, 2021 https://www.rgj.com/story/opinion/columnists/2021/10/01/addressing-root-cause-illegal-immigration-sam-kumar/5923904001/ Our southern border is overrun by immigrants, Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) has had over a million and a half “encounters” […]
- From drama to disaster in under eight monthsReno Gazette Journal September 19, 2021 https://www.rgj.com/story/opinion/columnists/2021/09/16/drama-disaster-under-eight-months-sam-kumar/8357657002/ Monday marks eight months of the Biden administration and just about everything the president has touched is an absolute disaster. Let’s […]
As an engineer and a businessman, I have tackled and solved some of the most complex problems in some of the world’s largest companies. As a columnist, I laid problems bare. As a TV pundit, I challenged liberal ideology. As a candidate, I will work harder than anyone to earn the trust of the voters in Assembly District 25.
I have been in the trenches as a volunteer, as a party activist, as a conservative columnist and a TV pundit. Regardless of what I do, there is always one constant: I challenge preconceived notions which hold us back from what we can and must be.
We must remember that which we hold dear if we are to build that which we cherish.
Looking back to our best to establish the path to our goals