Every day, I am thankful I am a citizen of this great country. There is a debt I owe this country which will never be repaid. Over the past many years, I have seen my involvement in the community as a small “thank you” to this amazing nation. The columns I have written for the Reno Gazette Journal, many of which have been reprinted by newspapers across the country from Rochester to Houston and many places in between, is part of my small thank you.
My desire to represent Assembly District 25 in the Nevada Legislature is just the next step in the evolution of that gratitude to this great country. Two-thirds of Americans think our country is on the wrong track. Here are some reasons why:
Skyrocketing Inflation: Nevadans are paying 15.6% more today than they did in January 2021 (Source: US Congress JEC). This costs an average Nevada household $845 more a month than it did less than two years ago.
K-12 Education: We have raised billions in additional taxes to pay for our schools, yet just 29% of our 8th graders are rated proficient in Reading and Math (Source: NAEP, The Nations’s Report Card). Those numbers are based on data prior to COVID shutdowns and have deteriorated significantly since. Nevada spends $9,417 per student (Source: World Population Review) while our neighboring states Utah ($7,628), Idaho ($7,771) and Arizona ($8,239) spend less, yet all those three states outperform us in producing results.
Gas Price: Nevadans pay one of the highest gas prices in the entire country. Think about this: Nevadans pay an average of $5.36 per gallon, while Floridians are paying an average of $3.36 per gallon right after the devastation of Hurricane Ian.
Those are just a few examples of our beloved state leading the nation for the wrong reasons. We can do better, and as your Assemblyman I will work hard and convince elected officials from both parties to join me in ensuring Nevada leads the nation in all things that matter to everyday Nevadans. I would appreciate your vote, and it will be a great honor to serve you!
Please click on the links below for columns that outline my thoughts on:
Thank you for visiting my page. I look forward to working with you to move our country, our state and our community forward.
- Assemblywoman Jill Dickman Endorses Sam Kumar
- Sam Kumar Files for Nevada State Assembly, District 25
- Former Nevada State Controller Ron Knecht Endorses Sam Kumar
- Adam Laxalt Endorses Sam Kumar
- Press Release: Former Washoe County Sheriff Chuck Allen Endorses Sam Kumar for Nevada Assembly, District 25
- PRESS RELEASE: Former Republican Senator Maurice Washington endorses Sam Kumar for Nevada State Assembly, District 25
- Republican Sam Kumar launches campaign for Nevada State Assembly, District 25
There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place.– Winston Churchill
- Assemblywoman Jill Dickman Endorses Sam KumarPRESS RELEASE Republican Sam Kumar endorsed by conservative Assemblywoman Jill Dickman in his campaign for Nevada State Assembly, District 25 Assembly Freedom Caucus Member Dickman cites Kumar’s years … Read more
- Sam Kumar Files for Nevada State Assembly, District 25PRESS RELEASE Republican Sam Kumar officially files for Nevada State Assembly, District 25 Kumar enters race with backing of conservative leaders across the Silver State Wednesday, March 9, … Read more
- Former Nevada State Controller Ron Knecht Endorses Sam KumarPRESS RELEASE Republican Sam Kumar endorsed by former Nevada State Controller Ron Knecht Knecht sites Kumar’s years of advocacy for conservative principles March 3, 2022 … Read more
- Adam Laxalt Endorses Sam KumarPRESS RELEASE Republican Sam Kumar endorsed by former Nevada Attorney General Adam Laxalt Laxalt cites Kumar’s support of conservative principles in his endorsement Thursday, January 20, 2021 … Read more
- Press Release: Former Washoe County Sheriff Chuck Allen Endorses Sam Kumar for Nevada Assembly, District 25PRESS RELEASE Republican Sam Kumar endorsed by former Washoe County Sheriff Chuck Allen in his campaign for Nevada State Assembly, District 25 Allen sites Kumar’s strong support for Nevada’s … Read more
- PRESS RELEASE: Former Republican Senator Maurice Washington endorses Sam Kumar for Nevada State Assembly, District 25PRESS RELEASE: Former Senator Maurice Washington endorses Sam Kumar for Nevada Assembly District 25
- Republican Sam Kumar launches campaign for Nevada State Assembly, District 25PRESS RELEASE Republican Sam Kumar launches campaign for Nevada State Assembly, District 25 Longtime Washoe County resident, former GOP Chairman, and conservative author enters race to maintain key … Read more
- In the liberal world, soccer moms are domestic terroristsReno Gazette Journal October 17, 2021 Public education has lost its way | Sam Kumar (rgj.com) In late-September, the National School Boards Association, NSBA, sent a letter to … Read more
- Addressing the “Root Cause” of illegal immigrationReno Gazette Journal October 3, 2021 https://www.rgj.com/story/opinion/columnists/2021/10/01/addressing-root-cause-illegal-immigration-sam-kumar/5923904001/ Our southern border is overrun by immigrants, Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) has had over a million and a half “encounters” … Read more
- From drama to disaster in under eight monthsReno Gazette Journal September 19, 2021 https://www.rgj.com/story/opinion/columnists/2021/09/16/drama-disaster-under-eight-months-sam-kumar/8357657002/ Monday marks eight months of the Biden administration and just about everything the president has touched is an absolute disaster. Let’s … Read more
As an engineer and a businessman, I have tackled and solved some of the most complex problems in some of the world’s largest companies. As a columnist, I laid problems bare. As a TV analyst, I sparred with those who had a different viewpoint, yet walked away from the conversation as friends. As a candidate, I will work harder than anyone to earn the trust of the voters in Assembly District 25.
I have been in the trenches. Regardless of what I do, there is always one constant: I challenge preconceived notions which hold us back from what we can and must be.
We must remember that which we hold dear if we are to build that which we cherish.
Looking back to our best to establish the path to our goals
Paid for by Committee to Elect Sam Kumar
4790 Caughlin Parkway #826
Reno, NV 89519