Former Washoe Republican Party Chairman.
At times like these, it is important to know who we are as a nation, what we believe as a people, and what we are compelled to become.
As we navigate the challenges before us, I believe it is important to call out those ideas which would destroy what we hold dear, the actors who would willingly cast aside our freedoms, and lend clarity to the most pressing questions of our time.
Join me as we explore not just the dust cover of today’s issues, but the meat of what we must wrestle with to preserve our nation and ideals.
- From drama to disaster in under eight months
- God bless our Armed Forces
- Nevada should reject corporate welfare for A’s stadium
- The incoherent handling of COVID
- Biden’s man-made illegal immigration crisis
- Nevada’s ‘public option’ is another legislative blunder
- Economic reasons for opposing the mining tax
There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place.– Winston Churchill
- From drama to disaster in under eight monthsReno Gazette Journal September 19, 2021 https://www.rgj.com/story/opinion/columnists/2021/09/16/drama-disaster-under-eight-months-sam-kumar/8357657002/ Monday marks eight months of the Biden administration and just about everything the president has touched is an absolute disaster. Let’s […]
- God bless our Armed ForcesReno Gazette Journal September 5, 2021 https://www.rgj.com/story/opinion/columnists/2021/09/02/god-bless-our-armed-forces-sam-kumar/5703103001/ August 31 marks the first day in nearly two decades when there is no American military presence in Afghanistan. Since combat […]
- Nevada should reject corporate welfare for A’s stadiumReno Gazette Journal August 22, 2021 https://www.rgj.com/story/opinion/columnists/2021/08/19/nevada-should-reject-corporate-welfare-as-stadium-sam-kumar/8195010002/ The Oakland A’s, currently in tense negotiations with the City of Oakland to build a new stadium, are considering a move […]
- The incoherent handling of COVIDReno Gazette Journal August 8, 2021 https://www.rgj.com/story/opinion/columnists/2021/08/05/incoherent-handling-covid-sam-kumar/5494423001/ Last week, the CDC reversed its mask policy and issued a recommendation that fully vaccinated people begin wearing masks indoors in […]
- Biden’s man-made illegal immigration crisisReno Gazette Journal July 25, 2021 https://www.rgj.com/story/opinion/columnists/2021/07/22/bidens-man-made-illegal-immigration-crisis-sam-kumar/8055632002/ US Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) has made more than 1 million arrests of illegal immigrants at the US-Mexico border this […]
- Nevada’s ‘public option’ is another legislative blunderReno Gazette Journal July 11,2021 https://www.rgj.com/story/opinion/columnists/2021/07/09/nevadas-public-option-another-legislative-blunder-sam-kumar/7903783002/ During the recently concluded 2021 legislative session, the Nevada State Legislature passed the state-managed “Public Option” in healthcare making it just the […]
- Economic reasons for opposing the mining taxReno Gazette Journal June 27,2021 https://www.rgj.com/story/opinion/columnists/2021/06/24/economic-reasons-opposing-mining-tax-sam-kumar/5334462001/ My last column focused on the Nevada Legislature’s Republican Surrender Caucus of Heidi Gansert, Jill Tolles and Ben Kieckhefer from the Washoe […]
- The Nevada Legislature’s GOP Surrender CaucusReno Gazette Journal June 13, 2021 https://www.rgj.com/story/opinion/columnists/2021/06/10/gops-surrender-caucus-sam-kumar/7629096002/ This is an open letter to the Nevada Legislature’s GOP Surrender Caucus (which consists of Jill Tolles, Tom Roberts, Heidi Gansert, […]
- Biden first four disastrous monthsReno Gazette Journal May 23, 2021 https://www.rgj.com/story/opinion/columnists/2021/05/20/biden-administration-first-four-months-sam-kumar/5184965001/ The Biden administration has completed its first four months in office and the economic data has started to arrive. An early […]
- Gun control is not as easy as liberals claimReno Gazette Journal April 25, 2021 https://www.rgj.com/story/opinion/columnists/2021/04/22/gun-control-complicated-sam-kumar/7333407002/ Following last week’s deadly shooting in Indianapolis, President Biden called gun violence a “national embarrassment”. He called for “commonsense gun violence […]
As an engineer, I have tackled and solved some of the most complex problems in some of the world’s largest companies. As a columnist, I lay problems bare.
I have been in the trenches as a volunteer, as a party activist, as a conservative, and now, I challenge preconceived notions which hold us back from what we can and must be.
We must remember that which we hold dear if we are to build that which we cherish.
Looking back to our best to establish the path to our goals